Thursday, September 22, 2005

Big Brother Blogger

I just read at BloggerCensors about the Blogger 'flag' button. It's only been on since August 18, 2005, and it does appear to offer some unspecified form of censorship or suppression. Though Blogger says not: it's purpose is for readers to inform Blogger about 'potentially questionable content'. But who defines 'questionable'? Who judges? Blogger.com, of course.
And there's fear of individual sites being targeted. Jameskew writes: “For example, could a pro-choice blog be taken down by an organised anti-abortion email campaign of 'visit this blog and flag it'?”

Here's a list of other blogger's posts on the subject.

(There is an upside, though, to being de-indexed by Blogger: think how much less comment spam you'll get.)

This pic is posted for the pic nicker.
The Burning of the Books. More Nazi fun and culture in 1933.

4 Comments:

Blogger A said...

Thanks for the link to my censorship blog. I stole your picture of Nazis to use in that blog. It seemed just so apropos!

8:15 PM  
Blogger deCinabre said...

I've been thinking about this and I disagree. I think the 'Burning of the Books' would be more apropos, so I have posted it.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Al S. E. said...

Thanks. I took this picture too, with a mention of where I took the pictures from.

8:06 PM  
Blogger deCinabre said...

Ta, much, mate.

3:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home