Monday, October 03, 2005

"Get Spayed Bitch!"

This goes back to July 20, 2001; but it's such a piece of shit that it needs continually holding up in everyone's face until the cretins that carry out this kind of thing are all locked up.

It's a letter in a local town paper, the Bridgnorth Journal. Bridgnorth is an ordinary small country market town in the UK Midlands.

"Sir,
As a retired Bridgnorth trader and one who has always loved being associated with the town, I felt extremely angry and let down by the treatment my daughter and her partner received when they visited Bridgnorth on Thursday, July 12.

My daughter's partner was born and bred in Wolverhampton of Jamaican parents. He was strictly brought up and a nicer, kinder, more gentle man one couldn't wish to meet.

I feel proud to be associated with him.

They both wanted to move out of Wolverhampton and buy a house in a pleasant rural area, so they came to Bridgnorth to visit the local estate agents.

They parked outside WHSmiths in the High Street and, upon returning, were dismayed to find someone had put a notice on their car reading "GET SPAYED BITCH!"

They were both distressed, particularly my daughter's partner, as the message was directed at my daughter.

To say I was angry is to put it mildly. NO-ONE should have to put up with ANY remarks like this whatsoever.

If the person who left this message ever needs the help of the emergency services, I hope he will spare a thought for the men and women who daily risk their lives without discrimination, like my daughter, who is a police constable and her partner who is a firefighter in the Fire Brigade!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home