Wednesday, March 08, 2006

God and Allah will judge

Tony Blair has said on the Parkinson show that God and history will eventually judge his decision to go to war with Iraq. He says his decision, like much of his policymaking, was underpinned by his Christian faith.

I don't think this is good enough. He wasn't elected by God; he was elected by the public. He is responsible to, and is to be judged by, the public. Must we simply have faith in him, or should he not give us good (and true) reasons for his decisions?

Remember Tony's deep and abiding faith in WMD? We know history's judgement on that!

Anyway, on a lighter and more peace-making note, in the same interview Mr Blair recalls the first time he had a proper chat with his new father-in-law, the actor Tony Booth:
"We were in our house, and obviously I'd met him before - but I hadn't really had a proper chat with him. He says, 'Do you mind if I light a joint?' And I thought, 'this is my father-in-law, it should be the other way round.' So I said no."
(I guess 'no' means 'no, I don't mind if you light a joint' - just don't bogart it!)

I was thinking - have you seen the new research on passive dope smoking? Apparently it can lead to psychosis - with symptoms like 'having ideas and beliefs that others do not share'.

Also, what is the penalty for allowing your premises to be used for the consumption of cannabis? (I've just checked with TalktoFrank. I quote: "Allowing people to take cannabis in your house or any other premises is illegal." - only two years max now, thanks to David Blunkett.)

Moans: Seems it's one law for some fathers-in-law and another law for others!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home